Sunday, August 2, 2009

In The Gray


You asked me if I was happy and I told that it's not even a question for me anymore. But then, you said that it still matters, that it should matter. And you added those words that pierced me even more, "You can always come home." And it hurt me. It hurt me because I knew you said it out of love. How I wish it were as simple as black and white... happy and sad. But it isn't. Not anymore.

I am in a gray area. And even if I wish I could've given you a simple answer, I just couldn't. How could I ever tell you that part of me is a total wreck --an empty void that is in miserable longing? And yet, another part of me is finally... finally getting its fill, and is perhaps becoming a whole. No one could have ever warned me about this. Even if I did sense it was coming, I could have never imagined the magnitude of how this actually felt, until now.

And despite everything, if it were just up to you, you'd rather have me come home and stay by your side. But we all know I'm too proud and much too stubborn. And even if it's a very thin rope that's keeping me in place right now, I'm holding on. But it's tempting. At certain intervals of the day to day, I wonder. I wonder what it's like if I finally just give up and run back to you. I know you'd gladly welcome me back with open arms. But I can't. You see, you never really raised me that way. Perhaps... just maybe, your little girl is finally growing up after all. And that finally, I've realized how you've made it all too easy for me in your arms that I just need to experience it a little tougher right now. And this is just so I'll learn.

I wish I can just run back and stay within your comfort. But it's too late now. I can't. I won't... at least, not yet. But it's tempting --the longing for your kind voice, understanding, warm hugs and comforting presence...  you who is quick to forgive, who understands and who is easy to love. I miss you so much. But I'm patient, and I am strong because you made me that way. And I am holding on even if it's hard. 

I wish it was as easy as black and white, but it isn't... not anymore. And maybe some day when I will finally come home to you and your loving arms, things won't be so gray anymore. Maybe then I can give you a simpler answer. The gray is a tough place, but for now I'll just have to endure. This is, after all, one of the many things you've shown me. At least I can't give up without trying. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not really grasp the entire picture but a thought did come to me.

We grow into people that we sometimes - in the most minute way - we regret. I guess regret is a ver exaggerated word. We just come to think and be a bit disturbed of who be came to be and how we take on things and how we think and decide. It's weird...

Yeah! that gray area... The place between Yes and No. Are we talking of the same thing? I think it's like standing on one foot on a thin wooden plan which is elevated only a few inches above the ground. A weird place to be in... It's weird to be enduring the balancing act and it won't hurt to just step down but we just love to stay on top and play gymnasts! HAHAHA! what the?!

Anyway, as you've said, you're no little girl anymore and i'm sure your mom understands that. hehe... She'd really miss you but she's also happy that you've grown to be who you are and it's all because of her. hehe.

Go hun!!! You know me! Ever supportive!

xoxo
emilio

Honey said...

That walking on a plank thing.. and that space between the water and the air.. Yeahs yeahs yeahs... that's exactly how it feels -that space between YES and NO! Hehe

Oh Mil! Trust me, you'll be proud of me! ;) Hehe

I miss you!
xoxo

april said...

feeling homesick can't be avoided so the trick is to go out and keep yourself busy. you've gone so far already, just think of that.. you can handle it!

Honey said...

YES BRUH!
I just needed to vent, but I'm not quite ready to give up yet. =)

Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet entry. i couldn't help but say "aww." i love how this entry is entirely dedicated for your mom. i love the vintage picture, too!

im glad you're pursuing IT. :) keep holding on hun, you're almost there. almost. :)

-libby

Honey said...

It's dedicated to both my Mom and Dad. Hehehe. I have yet to post a picture of me and Daddy. Hehehehehe..

I miss you Libz!

Flora said...

Reading this instead of singing. This is like a last song syndrome. It keeps on playing in your head even the play button is unpressed.

They've all said it and you knew what is needed to be done. So yes, you better hold on. You've come so far (literally and figuratively), so keep going.

Parang 'The Warrior Is A Child'. This is so sweet.

Take care hunny! :)