Thursday, December 31, 2009

On To The Next Thrill Ride...

Let's just call it a GAP YEAR --that long and overdue gap year... to learn, to search, discover and see. And what a year it was. It had quite its share of blissful highs and heart-wrenching lows. I don't think I've ever cried so much in a year since I left childhood. But on the contrary, I don't think I've ever felt so much elation and excitement on many different experiences. It's like being on a roller coaster ride that's coming to its end, only for this thrill seeker to queue up for the next one.

It was a year of many milestones. It was a downpour of those "firsts" that change a person forever. Adventure, heartache, danger, learning, frustration, friendship, family, happiness, sadness, faith, hope, love --it was a year for all these things and so much more. It was a year for LIFE. A year to finally see and appreciate what it is to be ALIVE, with all its ups and downs. It was a year to see myself as a living and breathing being. For everything after this year will have changed who I am as a person.

How UNCERTAIN it all was (and still is)... But that was probably the BEST (and at times, the worst) part of it all. Discovering that LIFE itself is undeniably uncertain and will continue to be so. And that I have survived the year through faith and hope. And that in order to LIVE, sometimes we just have to be spontaneous, jump on the wagon and take risks. As they say, "you either win some, or learn some. You never really lose at all."

And so, I cling to my seat as this ride takes its last big dive. I scream at the top of my lungs and hold on to dear life. Whoever said I wasn't scared must be dumb out of their minds. But it's not about 'not being scared.' After all, it's only brave when you're scared, because you know you have something to lose. And It's really about FAITH and HOPE after all --that there's Someone out there, watching over. And that despite the devastating lows and the overwhelming highs, there is comfort and CERTAINTY in Him. And life, as uncertain as it is and from all the things I've experienced this year, is BEAUTIFUL. It's one great, big adventure that I am happy to be living.

I have claimed this year and I will claim the next. A gap year, like this one, that has given me such huge life-changing lessons can never be forgotten. Whatever happens from this point on, everything... eventually, EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT. And so, as the ride comes to a stop... let's take a short breather and hop on the next one!




---------------------------

Have a HAPPY and blessed NEW YEAR everyone! I thank God for each and every one of you who have made this year truly a life-changing one...

- I cannot be grateful enough for meeting wonderful and TRUE FRIENDS in every place I have stayed in and left. For those old ones who have stood by me and showed me their unending love and support, despite the distance... and to those new ones who have showed me that in such a big world, it can still feel so comfortably small after all. You make life spontaneous and carefree and never fail to bring me laughter and joy. I love you. You guys keep me YOUNG.

-And what a blessing it is to have a FAMILY that sticks by you no matter how huge the distance. A Family that gives you unconditional and unending LOVE. You are the only ones on this earth who truly understand and accept without question and fail. I cannot be thankful enough to know that, whatever happens, you will be there waiting for me to come home with arms outstretched in a welcome. I thank and love you with all my heart.

- And of course, "YOU"... "YOU" are a blessing to me every day that we are together, even when we're physically apart... for making me smile and cry and smile again. =) "You" are probably the biggest life-changing adventure that this year has brought to me. And I am hopeful, optimistic and cannot wait for us to get to where we want to be... we are after the same rainbow's end. =) I love you

Thank God for the gift of people who make life worthwhile. I hope I could spend more time with all of you in this next year and even after that. Life has become beautiful with all of you in it.

1 comment:

Flora said...

You sounded so positive and happy that I felt I wanted to be YOU.

Happy New Year and enjoy the next ride. :)